Are you a vet looking to join an independent family run practice in a beautiful rural part of the country (Castle Douglas in Dumfries & Galloway), where quality of life and a high work ethic go hand-in-hand? The practice is a mixed practice split roughly 50:50, and, as such, you will join a team where your skills and interests encompass farm, equine and companion animals on a mixed rota. Our employees love the rural life style in Dumfries & Galloway - with its stunning scenery and excellent sporting activities. And yet, you have easy access to the vibrant town of Dumfries, as well as easy access to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Northern Ireland and the Lake District.
As an XLVets practice, you will have access to excellent CPD training and will thrive working on your own initiative. You will have the opportunity to become a senior member of the vet team over time.
In return for your enthusiasm as a forward thinking vet, Dunmuir Veterinary Group offer all the facilities, kit and toys that you would expect in a modern practice. We offer a competitive salary, accommodation, car, professional fees paid and ongoing training.
To get the ball rolling why not drop your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back in touch within 2 working days for an initial introduction.
We look forward to hearing from you!
DVG have a host of facilities including:
- In-house Laboratory – with Abaxis CBC & biochemistry machines, vetscan urinalysis, microscopes, centrifuge and automatic blood pressure machine;
- Digital x-rays;
- Full range of dental equipment including a new scaler & drill;
- Philips HD ultra-sounding machine with full ability for echocardiogram;
- Two consulting rooms;
- Theatre with separate preparation room;
- Large animal room for preforming surgeries;
- Three large animal ultrasound scanners/easy scanners;
- Fully Hydraulic cattle crush; and
- A full range of fertility equipment.
Benefits to these positions include:
- Work vehicle;
- Mobile phone;
- 28 days holiday;
- Access to XL Vet CPD courses; and
- RCVS, BVA & BVS fees covered.
- Driving License;
- Good communications skills;
- The ability to work independently; and
- A passion for the job.