We are excited to be offering an opportunity to join our Pig Team of four vets, dedicated to providing advice and support on health and production to our progressive pig producers across the North of England.
The role would suit a new or recent graduate with an interest in population medicine and its practical application on farm. Being a pig vet offers the chance to build long-term relationships with farmers and to be involved in all aspects of the pig sector as management, medicine and technology progress. Our sister company RAFT Solutions also offers chances to be involved in R&D and other wider projects.
A good ability to communicate, investigative skills and personal drive would be needed but no prior experience of pig medicine is assumed as all necessary development would be provided through a combination of in-house training and fully funded CPD with post-graduate qualifications encouraged. Enthusiasm and a desire to progress as part of a team are the key attributes we are looking for.
We are based in a fantastic part of the country with easy access to beautiful countryside as well as cities such as York and Leeds. As an independent practice, we can offer a great career path including long-term ownership opportunities and the chance to shape the future.
- Annual CPD allowance with further training/certifications encouraged. This includes a wide range of exciting opportunities throughout the pig sector including opportunities for travel.
- RCVS, VDS, BVA plus PVS paid
- Private healthcare insurance and wellbeing support.
- Staff pet discount scheme
- Medicash medical cash plan
- Perkbox rewards and discounts
- One paid volunteering day per year
- Social/team events throughout the year in our friendly farm team and wider practice.
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2024.