We are seeking an additional Vet to join our expanding dedicated farm animal only team. The position would suit a new graduate or someone looking to specialise in farm work. We are located in beautiful Powys close to the Shropshire border. This gives us the best of both worlds, working in stunning livestock dense countryside while still living close to excellent transport links for when you want to get away. Cain Farm Vets is a long established independent practice that offers a forward thinking dedicated farm service to our clients. Our client base covers a full range of enterprises from large intensive dairy units to family run beef and sheep hill farms, which provides us with a really interesting and varied caseload.
What we offer:
- Genuine mix of Dairy 50%, Beef 30% and 20% Sheep work
- Happy, enthusiastic and experienced vet team to work with including a DBR and a sheep certificate holder
- Encouragement to develop your own interests and undertake further study
- Cheerful and helpful support staff including a vet tech
- Excellent back up and mentoring tailored to individual need
- Cake on your birthday and unlimited Yorkshire tea
- Modern practice building with on site calf inpatient facilities and lambing room
- 25 days holiday and a day off after working a weekend
- Generous salary scale
- A stable team of 8 vets to work with. Our average time working here at Cain is over 8 years!
- Fairly shared rota
- A beautiful part of the world to work and enjoy time off in
- We are part of the XLVet group of independent practices; this allows collaboration with other practices and provides access to CPD and networking opportunities.
- Regular clinical clubs to discuss ideas and cases
We are looking for someone with a passion and enthusiasm for farm animal work. New graduates are welcome to apply as we can provide the support, mentoring and varied caseload needed for you to develop into an experienced vet, all while working as part of our great team.
Apply in writing with your CV to email@example.com or for more information call for an informal chat on 01691 828205 and speak to Rob or Simon