Would you like to work for a multi award winning, well established practice. We are looking for an experienced, full time, permanent Small Animal Vet to join our friendly professional clinical team.
Salary is commensurate with experience. To give you an idea of our pay scales. The salary range starts at £36,000 for a one year qualified vet, up to £50,000 for a vet who has been qualified 6 years.
- We are a well-established practice giving great job security.
- We recognise we all spend a lot of time at work and we want our staff to be happy at work and enjoy a great work life balance.
- We are happy to discuss the hours you work around your needs.
- Stanley House was Pendle’s employer of the year 2016-2017 and runner up for 2018-2019
- We have been highly commended in the SPVS wellbeing awards twice.
- Our main site has undergone extensive refurbishments, you can enjoy using our state of the art equipment in beautiful surroundings.
- You would enjoy excellent support and back up from well-established our clinical team.
- We have 15 minute appointments
- We have team meetings so all our staff can contribute to the success of our practice and ensure everyone is listened to.
- For more recently qualified vets we have reflective meeting giving vets a great environment to develop and grow.
- We offer a generous CPD allowance and certificates are encouraged.
- We have a new graduate development program
- Our main site is cat friendly
- We are RCVS Accredited and a Nurse training centre
- We have a modern apartment available, which is within walking distance of our main site and situated in a lovely area with lots of bars and restaurants. It is close to the train station for those who like a quick getaway for weekends.
- We are part of the XL group which is a group of over 50 independent vets pooling resources.
- By working together we can achieve more https://www.xlvets.co.uk/
- We are a friendly bunch who love to socialise (when we can J)
- The rota is 1.5 in 8 we generous time off given for on call.
- You will be enrolled on to Westfield Healthcare which is a cash back plan and contributes to dentist, opticians, physio and much more. https://www.westfieldhealth.com/
- You will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- You can join our corporate gym membership for only £22.50 a month https://www.pendleleisuretrust.co.uk/membership/activo/
- Pets are treated at cost (within reason)
- An extra days holiday for every 3 years’ service up to a maximum of 5 days pro rata.
- For those of you who love to travel / wish to spend extra time with the family, we offer a holiday buy back so you could have some extra weeks holidays off
You are more than welcome to speak to one of our vets to see what life is like at Stanley House.
About Stanley House
Stanley House Veterinary Group was established in 1911 at our current site in Colne in Lancashire.
We are an independent, mixed first opinion practice, running our Farm and Equine Department and Companion Animal Department totally separately. The practice has 4 directors and we employ 67 staff.
We have 3 Companion Animal surgeries in Colne, Barnoldswick and Burnley. You will only work between 2 surgeries to help maintain case continuity. Sole charge will be required, hence an experiences vet is preferable.
You will enjoy the support of a well experienced team of excellent and dedicated vets, nurses and receptionists.
Our facilities allow for good case work up and include a state of the art DR digital x-ray machine with cloud based image storage, ECG, flexible endoscope, ultrasound scanner, tonometer, infusion pumps and a well-equipped lab including an electrolyte analyser.
Out of hours and On-call
Our loyal clients appreciate our in-house out of hours service. We understand how this can impact on vets and do ensure on call is kept to a minimum and vets have the following 24 hours off after being on call. There is accommodation on site for vets to use if preferred.
To further improve overnight care and give more support to less experienced vets, we are just introducing night nurses who will be on site and working all night from October 21.
Providing in-house OOH care not only gives our clients a better service, but also increases case exposure to our vets. Thus allowing them to build experience and confidence in dealing with emergency and critical care patients.
Our week-end OOH rota is approximately 1.5 in 8 with generous time off in-lieu given:
- On-call Friday / Work Saturday morning only / Sunday on call
- (Monday & Tuesday off in-lieu)
- On-call Saturday
- (With a Friday off in-lieu)
- Followed by 6 week-ends off
In addition you would be on-call approximately 1 night every 4 weeks during the week every other week with the following day off (there could be additional nights to cover holidays?). The rota is on a continuous 8 week cycle allowing you to plan your life ahead. We have an OOH telephone answering service so you will not be taking calls directly. Recent graduates will be given veterinary back-up OOH. There is CCTV so you can remotely keep an eye on inpatients.
Full time vets involved in the out of hour’s service do work a variation of 3, 4 and 5 day weeks throughout the 8 week rolling rota.
In 2019 we were very proud that our amazing Head Nurse, Kira was awarded the exemplary VN educator of the year.
In 2019 we were absolutely delighted to win an award at the BVHA design awards.
We are very honoured to have won the 2016- 2017 Pendle Employer of the Year in our local business awards for investing in our staff and providing a supportive work environment. In 2018 we were very pleased to be the runner up selected from many applications.
We have also been highly commended in the SPVS Wellbeing awards twice.
About our team
We worked with the BVA in the summer of 2016 filming for Veterinary view – Watch our short films to meet the team.
We have a friendly and supportive team. As a practice we do take part in a number of social events. Over the last few years we have taken part in the annual charity Pendle Pub Walk covering 13 miles and visiting a number of pubs for refreshments on the way! Many of our staff enjoy taking part in activities often raising money for various charities, including:
- Yorkshire three peaks
- Yorkshire Tough Mudder
- The Major Series,
- Guide dog challenge
- 50 mile Megahike
We have taken part in a short film about Euthanasia which is currently touring various film festivals. Here is the trailer https://vimeo.com/273735473
About the area
We do think it’s important to help employees, especially someone new to the area, find a good work life balance and Pendle offers a wide variety of leisure activities.
For walking and hiking enthusiasts we are situated in the north east of Lancashire, nestling between the Ribble Valley and the Pennine Way, Pendle is a largely rural area dominated by the iconic Pendle Hill. The Forest of Bowland, an area of outstanding natural beauty, is on our door step and the Yorkshire Dales, Lake Districtand Bronte Country are all within easy reach
We have two golf courses in Pendle and a sailing club on Burwains reservoir.
The area is home to cycling Olympian and world champion Steven Burke MBE and for the cycling enthusiast there is a cycling club that meets regularly at the Steven Burke closed road cycle circuit. There’s also the annual Colne Grand Prix cycle race. For the more extreme off road biking there are plenty of trails at Gisburn Forest approximately 8 miles away from Colne.
The area boasts a premier league football team!
Our corporate gym membership gives access to 4 gyms plus you can also use a further 13 leisure centres’ throughout East Lancashire, including fun pools and you can receive discounts on spa treatments.
For people who enjoy the city life, the vibrant cities of Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds are within easy reach by road or public transport and offer excellent shopping and night life.
We also have fantastic access to the motorway network, railways and major airports.
Find out more at www.visitpendle.com
If you would like to join our friendly supportive team apply below with CV to
Liz Edmondson Day
20 Albert Road
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries please phone Liz 01282 860650